Fontographer - New in Version 5.0
Font Editor Font Editors Font Converter Software Font Software Type Software Font Utils Font Utilities font manupulating fonts, editing fonts, generation, font editing fonts exploring, font conversion , font manipulation, generating fonts.
All the software typographers ever need to generate, edit, manipulate, convert and explore digital type (fonts).
| || |
| || |
Page 1 of 2
New in Version 5.0
The highlights of the new Fontographer 5 version include:
- NEW! Glyph antialiasing (smoothing) in all application windows
- IMPROVED! Glyph window zoom level up to 1600%
- IMPROVED! Radically redesigned and updated, easy-to-use Font Info dialog for editing the relevant technical parameters for all font formats, including OpenType, with updated, intelligent, automatic generation of OpenType-compatible font family naming and of cross-plattform linespacing values
- NEW! Powerful Spotlight-like glyph search feature that allows you to quickly highlight or select glyphs based on the Unicode codepoint, glyph name or Unicode character name (including wildcards)
- NEW! Easy access to the unencoded glyphs (OpenType alternates) using the FontLab prefix convention
- IMPROVED! Metrics and kerning editing in the Metrics Window
- IMPROVED! Manual editing of Type 1 hints
Font formats and international support
- NEW! Font generator and reader for OpenType fonts (both PS/.otf and TT/.ttf flavor) with 20,000+
- NEW! Reads Mac Type 1 font suitcases (FFIL), Mac datafork suitcases (.dfont) and TrueType Collections (.ttc)
- IMPROVED! Opening and generation of Type 1 fonts, using cutting-edge FontLab technology
- IMPROVED! Full Unicode compatibility (fonts and user interface), including support for the Unicode Standard version 5.2
- NEW! OpenType Layout features can be defined using the most recent Adobe FDK for OpenType (AFDKO) version 2.5 syntax
- NEW! Modern OpenType-compatible encodings and a full set of international encodings
- NEW! Support for OpenType digital signatures (DSIG)
- NEW! Reads and exports the FontLab VFB format for easy integration into a FontLab-based workflow
- NEW! Great screen font quality thanks to the integrated Adobe PostScript autohinter and the excellent FontLab TrueType autohinter
- NEW! Integrated Adobe Type 1 and Microsoft TrueType rasterizers for high-quality bitmap generation from hinted outlines, and the ability to export the bitmaps in BDF format
Operating system and application support
- IMPROVED! Runs natively on Mac OS X (universal binary), Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
- IMPROVED! Copy-paste and import-export of Illustrator and Freehand outline artwork
- IMPROVED! Copy-paste and import bitmap images for autotracing
…plus countless additional improvements and bug fixes.
This is the release that the font software community has been waiting for more than a decade!